Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
We can take comfort in the fact that God is in control, but we should not be arrogant by assuming we will be unaffected by the current pandemic. Covid-19 (Coronavirus) has not yet reached our local area, however it is our responsibility to minimize the spread by taking necessary precautions in order to protect those who are most at risk.
At this time, our Sunday morning worship gathering, nursery, preschool, and elementary, will continue as normally scheduled, pending further notice.
We are closely monitoring all information and guidance from officials with the La Crosse County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We will prayerfully determine on a day-to-day basis whether further steps are needed and update accordingly.
For Sunday mornings, we caution you to practice the standard, flu-season safety precautions that we are already familiar with, including:
- Cough etiquette and hygiene
- Thorough and regular hand washing and sanitizing (particularly after touching your face)
- Social distancing (limiting physical contact with others)
Risk-Related Guidance for Sunday Morning Participation
Based on guidance from the CDC, we recommend caution on attending our Sunday morning worship gathering, nursery, preschool, and elementary if you are in any of these at-risk categories:
- Older adults (especially with compromised immune systems)
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease
- Immunosuppressed individuals (people with recent or upcoming surgeries; people on autoimmune treatments, including steroids; people with impaired heart, kidney, or liver function; or people going through cancer treatment)
- Direct caregivers of at-risk individuals (non-medical personnel)
Additionally, we request you do not attend our Sunday morning worship gathering, nursery, preschool, and elementary if you meet any of the following conditions:
- Have had flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, vomiting) in the past 14 days
- Have traveled recently to areas that have been highly affected by the coronavirus in the past 14 days
- Have been in close contact with someone with flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days
Elevated Sanitization Protocol
We have increased our cleaning and sanitation procedures. The following precautions are in place for the foreseeable future:
- We will make all efforts to supply hand sanitizer at the Welcome Center, in restrooms, and in the nursery, preschool, and elementary rooms, pending very limited supply availability
- Communion will be delivered in contained cups and packaged crackers
- All doorknobs, trash cans, and non-porous surfaces will be sanitized frequently with CDC-approved cleaning products
We will continue to monitor the developing situation and update you all when there are changes. May God’s peace and His presence be with you as we continue to help individuals and families in the Coulee Region experience full life in Christ.